- Pakistan Cables Limited (“PCL”) owns the website www.pakistancables.com and its associated social media pages (“Sites”).
Policy”) helps you understand how PCL (“Pakistan Cables Limited”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collects and uses the information, including Personal Data that you share when you use the Sites. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your Personal Data (as defined within para 1.1) and how you can access and update this information.
- To provide guidelines in what is expected of all external business partners/third party suppliers.
- All external stakeholders
- Policy Statement:
If you submit your personal/non-personal data to this web site, we may process it for the purposes described below:
- To respond to your business queries or communicate directly with you. We process your name, title, (business) contact details (including your email address, telephone number, name of your company, CNIC, NTN number, where applicable and any other information that you provide to us in the open field entry of the contact form. We may also collect non-personal-data like the type of browser and operating system you use and other details associated with the devices you use to access the Sites, (collectively “Personal Data”).
- For surveys or any other (marketing) communication
We may process your Personal Data to send you surveys on our products or services or to keep you updated on events, business updates, products and services of PCL. We may create profiles and analyze your interactions with us. We process this information based on your consent, which can be withdrawn by you at any time in writing.
- For product and service improvements
We may process your Personal Data for various PCL business-related purposes, such as developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our websites, identifying behavioral and usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- For the technical management of the Site
We may process your Personal Data to help you find information in a quick and easy way and to improve access to and functionality of this site. We may process your IP-address, the internet browser you use, the visited webpages, previous/next visited websites and the duration of your visit. We process this information to better understand your needs.
- What Personal Data we collect and where we store them
When you visit an Internet website, you disclose certain information about yourself such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the time of your visit and the referring location (the site or page that offered a link to the Sites). Information we collect includes browser information, operating system information, and the date, time, length of stay and specific pages accessed during your visits to the Sites. Click-stream data may include such information as the page requested, the source of the request, the preceding page viewed and the type of browser making the request. The Sites also collect Personal Data about you that you provide to us voluntarily, such as through the “Contact Us” section.
- Why we collect these Personal Data and how we may share them
We do not sell your Personal Data to third parties. We may, however, share Personal Data in the following cases:
Data may be disclosed or otherwise transferred as necessary to third parties
under contract with us to improve and provide services associated with PCL.
Examples include, but are not limited to, customer support specialists and web
hosting companies. Upon such transfer, your Personal Data shall be used in
accordance with the relevant third parties’ data privacy policies/procedures
that may be shared on a case-to-case basis.
- In addition, we may provide your name and postal and email address to select companies for our marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this use. We may use your Personal Data for our newsletters or emails about our products and services (this information contains a subscriber link allowing you to opt out)
- When you visit our Sites, we may collect click-stream data for purposes of our system administration.
may disclose any information, including, without limitation, Personal Data, we
deem necessary, in our sole discretion and without your prior permission, to
comply with any applicable law such as to comply with a summon, regulation,
orders of a data protection agency, legal process or governmental request. PCL
reserves the right to disclose your Personal Data if we believe you have or are
violating our policies, or in order to protect or defend PCL’s rights or
property, even without a subpoena, warrant or other court order.
- Personal Data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which PCL enters, or may reasonably enter, into a corporate transaction, such as for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition or asset purchase. In the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, insolvency or liquidation, the database containing Personal Data may be treated as an asset of PCL and may be subject to transfer to a third party.
- Data Security
Your Personal Data is treated confidentially and we have taken technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of this data. We use several security techniques including secure servers, firewalls and encryption, as well as physical safeguard of the locations where data are stored. For example, we use industry-accepted tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. However, we have no control over the security of other websites or applications that you might visit or use even when a link to those websites or applications is available through the site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the public, remember to sign off and close your computer or device when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others cannot access your Personal Data.
- No Services for Minors
We do not knowingly collect information from minors. To use the Sites, you must be the age of legal majority in your place of residence. We do not use an application or other mechanism to determine the age of users of the Sites and to provide any services. All information provided to PCL will be treated as if an adult provided it. If, however, we learn that a minor has submitted information about himself/herself to us, we will make reasonable efforts to delete the information as soon as practicable.
- Your Options to Opt-Out and to Inquire What Personal Data We Store About You
You may opt out of having your Personal Data used by the Sites for disclosure to third parties. To do so, please contact PCL via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, at your request, via email, PCL will provide you a summary of the personal data it has regarding you. Should you wish to modify, correct, change or update any of the information, you should contact us at email@example.com.
- How long we keep your Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
- The Policy to be uploaded on the Company website at http://www.pakistancables.com to ensure implementation.
- Executive Director
- Manager Marketing
- Manager IT 7. Definitions:
|CNIC||Computerized National Identity Card|
|NTN||National Tax Number|
|IP Address||Internet Protocol Address|
|Site(s)||Websites including Company website (www.pakistancables.com) and Company maintained social media pages on available social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter.|